Tuesday, June 24, 2008

We're Safe

So, we made it through the camping/canoeing trip in one piece. That's the good news. The trip was actually really great. We got an excellent camping site right next to the river. I helped Dan pitch his first tent ever. Our tent and Aida & Chris' tent were the same size. Ashley and Lucas showed up with Hotel Linares as their tent! Dan and I brought a blow up matress, so we caught hell for that. The others had to sleep on rocks in their sleeping bags. Either way, after we set up camp we headed down to the river. I think it's safe to say everyone had begun the hydrating process. So, coolers in hand, we headed out. It was a ton of fun. We stopped at a waterfall not ten minutes into our 8 mile trip. It was beautiful, so of course, we had to get out and take pictures (after the climb). For awhile it was just the usual, floating, swimming, jumping off dangerous rocks and ropes, stopping to shotgun some drinks...then we got out and Ashley's shoe got sucked right off of her foot into the river--not even the river, the mud! We dug for about 20 minutes, which just shows how much we love her (and by we, I mean Aida and I...the boys were not helpful). Following that, Ashley continued to canoe with one shoe. We got about 3/4 of the way done and stopped to climb another rock wall to make a jump. Ashley tried, I tried. We failed. SO Ash was standing barefoot on a rock when suddenly she went crashing down. It looked like she had cracked her head open, but no worries, just her chin! She chipped a tooth too. It was bleeding but wasn't too bad, but we hurried the rest of our float along to get back to camp. After we got back, we realized we didn't have anything left to drink, so Ashley and I took a drive "to town". Half an hour later we arrived to find it was a DRY county. Two very helpful bag boys sent us on our way across the county line. An hour and a half later we returned to camp. Dan was sleeping. Lucas and Chris were already hungover and Ashley and I were grouchy from lack of food. We ate. We slept. No games, no smores. The moral of the story: Don't drink all your drinks before you get back to camp!



So, two days have passed and now I am finding the results of drinking and canoeing. I hurt places I didn't know could hurt and I have bruises and cuts in even more! It was well worth it though, and we are already planning another trip. I think we will camp first though, and then maybe plan a canoeing trip. We have to ease ourselves into these weekends!



On another note, played a mixed doubles match tonight with my crapped out racquet. Won in a third set tie breaker! Woot woot.



I'm up working and it's late. I need to put down the coffee cup. That's all for now.

No comments: