Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Fourth

The 4th of July has come and gone, which unfortunately means work is creeping closer every minute. How I dread to go back! Last night was fun. The fam and Ash and Lucas got together and played some beer pong. Mom was pretty good. Dad, not so much, but very entertaining. Andrew, Jess's fiance got a little "tipsy" as he was calling it and we ended the night with my mother force feeding Dan and Andrew shots of Strohl. Needless to say, the two of them are definitely feeling the effects today. We had our own private fireworks show too. The next door neighbor, Ed, was shooting of some crazy expensive fireworks. Had to have cost him about a $1000.00 easily. Also seemed pretty dangerous, but better him than me. Other than my dad's habit of not cooking burgers all the way through, I think the Linares had an okay time. I'm glad they came over so my parents could meet them. Ashley brought some great pasta salad, a kind I've never had before and these cake balls that will be the blame for my 10 lb increase in the next day. I still have no idea how she made them. I made guacamole and spinach artichoke dip because they are Jess's fav's. Today Jess and Andrew are coming over to go eat lunch and we are celebrating her 21st (with cake not beer) tonight. That's the recap, I will get pictures from Jessie and Ashley to post soon.

No comments: